Hands-on OpenRemote integrator (Java) – 24 to 40 hours
Who we are
Started in 2015, OpenRemote is a professional open source IoT platform to overcome the challenges of integrating many different communication protocols and data sources into a single, easy to use data management solution. The OpenRemote platform integrates all data, sensors, and controls to access them centrally; transforming data into information and supporting the design of customised (mobile) applications for client projects. OpenRemote also offers clients the services to assess their challenges and design, build and manage their IoT applications.
Currently our focus is on manufacturers or distributors that want to digitise their (physical) product.
What you will be doing
You will be a customer facing engineer that implements OpenRemote in a wide variety of projects. Alongside a project manager and designer you will find together with the customer the right technical approach to setting up their IoT platform. In some cases you may need to write Java code to provide custom project functionality and/or communicate with the customer’s products/services. The customer will depend on your advice on how to make the digital transformation of their product and you should be able to translate the customer’s requirements into improvements and features needed in the platform.
- Develop a well architected and robust solution together with the customer
- Write custom Java code where needed for provisioning of assets and/or customer specific business logic
- Write custom Java code to communicate with the customer’s products and services via various protocols with the ability to digest API documentation
- Handle support requests from the customer
- You have good communication skills and ability to understand complex requirements
- You love working on challenging and diverse projects
- You enjoy coming up with creative solutions together with the customer
- You feel comfortable taking ownership of a project
- You are fluent in Java and English
- You preferably have experience with Docker, Git and HTML/JS
- You have experience with communicating with devices and API’s
- You can come to the office in Eindhoven, Netherlands at least 2 days a week
What you get
- You will become part of the core team and have real impact on the product
- An experienced and international team to learn from
- Informal working environment
- Flexible working hours
- And of course a competitive salary
Get in touch
If this description matches you and you would like to join us creating a great IoT platform, please use our contact form to get in touch!