The OpenRemote open source IoT platform is free to use under the license AGPLv3. This page is the starting point for developers to find the information they need to work with OpenRemote. We actively support the community by answering questions and developing much-requested features. We encourage everyone in our community to contribute to the codebase, be it with protocols, rules or UI elements and to share their exemplary projects on the forum.
Follow our step-by-step guide to Get Started with OpenRemote.
You can find our source code and extensive documentation on Github.
Ask the OpenRemote community for help and discuss your project on our Forum.
User Application & Consoles
- Manager UI
- On mobile
- Architecture: Apps and consoles
- Developers: UI apps and components
- Create iOS Console
- Create Android Console
Assets & Attributes
Account management & Identity Service
- Using realms, users and roles
- Forgot password flow
- Asset Security
- Link to Active Directory
- Security OAuth
Edge Gateways and Devices
- Preparing the environment
- Installing and using Docker
- Building and testing
- Setting up an IDE
- Working on the UI
- Working on the Mobile Consoles
- Working on Maps
- Docker compose profiles
- Creating a custom project
- Maintaining an installation
- Connecting Protocol adapters with Agents
- Licensing guidelines for contributors
- Useful commands and queries
- Data migration for bulk editing assets